According to a report commissioned by the PFMA in 2013 it’s estimated that 13 million (45%) of households have pets.
Below is a list of the top ten UK pets in 2013:
Top Ten Pets for 2013 (based on running totals over two years)
1. Fish kept in tanks: 20 - 25 million (9% of households)
2. Fish kept in ponds: 20 - 25 million (6% of households)
3. Dogs: 8.5 million (25% of households)
4. Cats: 8.5 million (19% of households)
5. Rabbits: 1 million (3% of households)
6. Caged birds: 1 million (1.9% of households)
7. Domestic fowl: 1 million (0.9% of households)
8. Guinea Pigs: Half a million (0.6% of households)
9. Hamsters: Half a million (1.5% of households)
10. Horses and ponies: 400000 (1.1% of households)
Although you wouldn’t change them for the world there’s no denying that these house guests also bring with them additional dirt dust and hairs!
Inevitably sharing your home with pets can mean extra housework. Although this is the case a combination of useful cleaning tips as well as carefully selected products will keep your house in tip-top shape all year round no matter who youre sharing with!
Coat Care is Crucial
The e-cloth Grooming Mitt is ideal for all types of pet large and small keeping dreaded pet debris out of your home. The dual sided mitt makes light work of dirt dust and loose hair whilst gently massaging your pet at the same time.